Ask Yourself The Following Questions.
- Who is my target audience? Are they male, female and are the customers or consumers?
- Will my target audience be familiar with and/or use social media or online marketing?
- Where and how does audience use online media –at home, at work, on mobile?
- Who are the competitors and how do they use social media?
- What is the goal? Brand recognition, building relationships, grow lists, sales, engagement….
- What is the message and what is your online personality, values, and promise?
- Do we internally have the time to produce content for social media, participate and engage in different platforms?
- Who will be in charge of monitoring our message and brand on each social media platform?
- ROI, Return on Investment on time and effort, analyze and adjust.
Internal resources and a solid marketing plan are necessary to implement and run a successful social media marketing strategy. So ask yourself these questions and make sure that you and your team are ready before diving into your next online marketing effort.